Mr Sanjib Chakraborty
Mode of Study
TEFL Academy, the parent body of Global Training Academy, is a member of The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium and The International E-Learning Association (IELA).
Diploma in TESOL will be granted by the TEFL Academy and the MA degree will awarded by the Pebble Hills University. Moreover, this MA TESOL Programme is certified by International Accreditation Organization (IAO). With additional US$500, you will obtain a business Card, a Certification, a Profile Page at the website of IAO and you may use the IAO Certified Logo. This certification is optional.
A General Evaluation Report issued by the California University Foreign Credential Evaluator (CUFCE) will be enclosed in the graduation package.
- Applicants must possess an appropriate Undergraduate University or College degree from a recognized institution
- Applicants who do not hold a university or college degree, will be considered for admissions if they have professional certification / diploma AND minimum three years full-time appropriate work experience
Students can enroll at anytime from anywhere. There is also flexibility in pacing the course. All of the courses are distance learning courses offered online through our eCampus. PHU online courses operate on an open enrollment policy; there are no enrollment deadlines. This means the distance learning course starts for you on the day your registration is accepted. Registrations are processed and accepted on most business days.
|Core Courses offered by the Global Training Academy||(18 credits)|
|GTA001||Introduction to TESOL||3 credits|
|GTA002||Teaching Grammar and Phonetics||3 credits|
|GTA003||Language Function and Strategies for Effective Lesson Planning||3 credits|
|GTA004||Classroom Management||3 credits|
|GTA005||Teaching Young Learners||3 credits|
|GTA006||Business English Teaching||3 credits|
|In addition to the above core subjects, the completion of 6 additional compulsory subjects with Pebble Hills University eCampus leads to the award of the MA TESOL|
|TTT001||Advanced Skills for the Practical Trainer||2 credits|
|TTT002||Facilitation Skills Training||2 credits|
|TTT003||Activities and Games for Training||2 credits|
|TTT004||Public Speaking Presentation||2 credits|
|CIT005||IT Proficiency for teaching professionals: Office Applications||10 credits|
Once you have completed all your assignments and finished the course successfully, TEFL Academy assures you guidance and assistance to its best of abilities help you find a TEFL job. The assistance comes in the forms of services:
- Modifying and preparing resume / CV.
- Providing information on likely sources of EFL vacancies
- Job guidance counselling
- Helping with job search and application process
- Useful tips to prepare for interviews
- Students require 36 credits to graduate; Average GPA of 3.0; Any outstanding financial obligations must be paid
If you have transferable credits from other tertiary educational institutions, these can count towards the requirements for most PHU qualifications. Maximum of 30 credits may be transferred.
- Fees for Courses offered by the Global Training Academy: 20,000 INR.
- Fees for Courses offered by PHU eCampus: US$1,000